The Clark County Skills Center Dental Program is in need of dentists and hygienists to volunteer
for their local community clinic. Our Goal: To enhance each student's learning, and address the community's dental access needs.
We are requesting that you consider volunteering at least ONE day a year.
Our low-cost on-site community dental clinic is a valuable opportunity for the following reasons:
1. It provides hands-on training for students from 20+ different high schools and adults who are working to become future dental professionals.
2. High academic standards and student growth as a focus
3. It provides valuable dental care for families in our community who are low income and / or do not have dental insurance.
4. Updated A-Dec operatories, digital radiographs, and digital charting
• Fee's are approximately 25% of fees charged by local dental offices
• A "limited" care on-site dental facility with time constraints. Each volunteer dentist determines which services to perform for every patient each clinic day
• CE credits available
Who else will I be working with besides the students?
• There might be a volunteer licensed dental hygienist available to help deliver anesthetic and some light scaling, or a licensed EFDA performing restorations on most clinics.
• The Clark College Dental Hygiene students also work in the clinic during 2nd semester as part of their restorative requirements for their program.
What are the hours that are available for volunteering?
8:00 AM - 1:30 PM, (lunch break-lunch provided) and/or, 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM 8 hour total per volunteer day
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our protocols or services. If you have not volunteered before; we think that you'll find the experience truly rewarding, plus a great opportunity to get to know one of your future Dental Professionals! Please call (360) 6041052 ext. 2186.