By Jennifer Garvin
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released revised reporting requirements
on June 11 for health care providers who received funding from the Provider Relief Fund.
The updated requirements include expanding the amount of time providers have to report information and also extending key deadlines for expending Provider Relief Fund payments for recipients who received payments after June 30, 2020, said HHS in a news release
The Provider Relief Fund Reporting Portal will open July 1 for providers to start submitting their information. Register for the portal here
The HHS Provider Relief Fund was established by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act to reimburse eligible providers for health care related expenses or lost revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key updates to the requirements include:
• The period of availability of funds is now based on the date the payment was received rather than requiring all payments be used by June 30, 2021.
• Recipients are required to report for each payment received period in which they received one or more payments exceeding, in the aggregate, $10,000 (rather than $10,000 cumulatively across all Provider Relief Fund payments).
• Recipients now have 90 days to complete reporting rather than the previous 30-day reporting period.
• Providers are encouraged to register in the PRF Reporting Portal
in advance of the relevant Reporting Time Period dates. The registration process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete and must be completed in one session. The entire registration form must be completed for it to be saved.
Deadlines for reporting requirements:
• Reporting period 1. Dentists who received an aggregate payment exceeding $10,000 between April 10, 2020, and June 30, 2020, have until June 30, 2021, to use their funds and from July 1-Sept. 30, 2021, to submit their reports.
• Reporting period 2. Dentists who received an aggregate payment exceeding $10,000 between July 1, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2020, have until Dec. 31, 2021, to use their funds and from Jan. 1-March 31, 2022, to submit their reports.
• Reporting period 3. Dentists who received an aggregate payment exceeding $10,000 between Jan. 1, 2021, and June 30, 2021, have until June 30, 2022, to use their funds and from July 1-Sept. 30, 2022, to submit their reports.
• Reporting period 4. Dentists who received an aggregate payment exceeding $10,000 between July 1, 2021, and Dec. 31, 2021, have until Dec. 31, 2022, to use their funds and from Jan. 1-March 31, 2023, to submit their reports.
The ADA has updated its Provider Relief Fund FAQ
to help dentists comply with the reporting requirements. HHS has also created an FAQ
For more information about the ADA’s advocacy efforts during COVID-19, visit ADA.org/COVID19Advocacy